Inside Squash iPhone app
Back Court Game
Hold Your Shots for DeceptionLevel: Advanced Players
Purpose: To make your opponent twist and turn, and be constantly off bala
- Get to the ball quickly.
- Prepare your racquet early.
- Set your feet for a particular shot.
- Delay your stroke until you sense your opponent has committed to the shot you are shaped for. Then play a different shot.
- Use a short backswing, and more wrist snap than usual.
- Your head should remain still after the shot has been played, in order to continue the deception even after you have played the ball.
- Don't delay a shot if your opponent is already well out of position.
4 drills in this Lesson: